Different Types of Bone Injuries Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents have the potential to cause devastating injuries and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these accidents are a leading cause of serious injury and death among those over the age of 65. Regardless of age, however, slip and fall accidents can cause injuries that can lead to long-term hardships. If you or someone you love was recently injured in a slip and fall accident that happened while on another’s property, it may be possible to obtain financial compensation for the injury from the party responsible for maintaining the property where the accident occurred. Speak to a skilled attorney who has experience in handling slip and fall accident cases to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Southern California’s personal injury attorneys at Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP can help.
Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP have many years of experience handling personal injury cases, including slip and fall injury claims. The law firm is prepared to help you move forward with your injury claim. Consider contacting the attorneys at Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP and schedule your complimentary case evaluation today.
Common Bone Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents
When a person suffers a slip and fall accident, one of the most commonly sustained injuries is a broken or fractured bone, and these injuries will often require immediate medical attention. A bone fracture can happen when the person’s bone is exerted beyond what the bone can handle. The following are common forms of bone fractures:
- Compound Fractures – These bone fractures are also known as open fractures. Compound fractures happen when the broken bone tears through the victim’s skin and the surrounding soft tissues. The protruding bone will cause an open wound that places a victim at risk of a serious infection.
- Comminuted Fractures – Comminuted bone fractures can be triggered by a blow categorized as a high-impact, which results in the bone breaking into pieces.
- Oblique Fractures – Oblique bone fractures are often caused by a fall. This break is usually sloped or curved and can run diagonally to the axis of the bone.
- Transverse Fractures – These bone fractures will usually happen as a result of a sharp blow, which will break the bone straight across.
- Greenstick Fractures – A greenstick fracture will happen when the bone bends or cracks instead of breaking into several pieces. This type of fracture will often happen in small children since their bones are pliable and soft.
Obtain Swift Legal Action After a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident can happen to anyone, no matter the age. Sadly, older adults are at a higher risk of suffering a catastrophic slip and fall accident, which impacts their lives for many years to come. If you or someone you know was recently hurt in a slip and fall accident, obtaining the support of a highly versed attorney is highly recommended.
The personal injury attorneys at Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP understand the severity slip and fall accidents can have on a victim, and how these accidents can usually lead to a dangerous bone injury. Consequently, the law firm is prepared to work to help you obtain the highest compensation available when the accident was caused as a result of another’s negligence. To schedule a complimentary case evaluation with the attorneys at Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP, complete the online contact form here.
Stephen Levine, is a Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Defense — an honor achieved by only the top criminal law attorneys in California. Mr. Levine has over 40 years of experience in criminal defense and family law serving Southern California, and is a highly regarded Super Lawyer as well as AV Rated attorney.