Yucaipa Family & Child Custody Attorney
One of the most important things you want to do during divorce is to make the best decisions that relate to your children. Even the court acts in this manner. In family courts throughout California, including Yucaipa, the courts make child custody and other decisions based on what the court believes is in the best interest of the child or children.
The difficult part comes when each parent believes that he or she understands what is in the child’s best interest. A skilled and experienced Yucaipa child custody attorney can make the difference between your children living with you, or living with your spouse. A seasoned litigator may make the difference between your spouse moving out of state and taking the children far away from you, or being required to remain near you for visitation purposes.
During divorce and after divorce, an accomplished attorney can make a huge difference in your access to your children and your legal authorization to act as a parent to them.
At Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP, our Yucaipa family attorneys are fully prepared to fight for your parental rights and custody of your children.
Experienced Representation with Proven Results
Our family law attorneys understand that not every divorce results in a child custody battle. Perhaps one spouse was the stay-at-home spouse, and both parties wish it to remain that way. However, even in those instances, a skilled and experienced attorney can be critical if you are faced with one of these common scenarios.
- False charges of abuse: Sadly, it sometimes happens that one spouse will charge sexual abuse, physical abuse or psychological abuse in order to gain full legal and physical child custody. We can be vigorous advocates in cases like these.
- Parental relocation: If a spouse wants to move away and take the children out of state, or even across state, we are fully capable of working to prevent this from happening.
- Failure to honor child custody agreements: Occasionally, child custody arrangements start out agreeably and then one party begins to renege on the agreement. We help with child custody enforcement issues.
- Failure to pay child support: Sometimes child support payments need to be modified downward due to the loss of a job or other circumstances. At other times, child support payments need to be modified upward when there is a large promotion or other significant change of finances. We help make certain that all that is owed is paid, and that nothing is taken that should not be taken.
- Special circumstances: Some children require special accommodations for medical needs. We understand how difficult these decisions can be and are committed to working with you for the best possible outcome.
Offering the Full Range of Family Law Services
Child custody is often a determination that can be made once during the divorce process and which does not need further action. However, child custody can also be subject to post-divorce modifications. In addition to representing our clients with the full range of child custody-related needs, we also can help our clients with the following types of family law services:
- Same-sex couple family law issues
- Defense of domestic violence allegations
- Orders for protection
- Stepparent adoptions
- Fathers’ rights issues
- Physical child custody
- Joint or shared child custody
- Legal child custody
Contact Our Yucaipa Family & Child Custody Lawyers
We would be honored to put our experience on your side. Contact the Yucaipa child custody & family law attorneys at Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox, LLP today for a free initial consultation.