Illegal Search And Seizure Lawyers In San Bernardino
The police have come to your home, stopped your car, or stopped you and conducted a search. Evidence was found, and now you are facing charges. What are your options if you find yourself in this situation? Your best choice is to contact search & seizure lawyers in San Bernardino right away to determine if the search was a legal one.
Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP attorneys have more than 140 years of collective experience in criminal cases. We firmly believe every defendant is entitled to the Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and illegal seizures of their property. We will evaluate the events surrounding your search and help you fight to keep evidence out of court and get charges dropped. Call us now to find out how we can help and get answers to questions including:
- When is a search illegal?
- Can I get my charges dropped after an illegal search?
- How can search & seizure lawyers in San Bernardino help me?
When is a Search Illegal?
A search may be illegal if:
- Police pull you over without reasonable justification
- You’re asked to submit to a BAC test with no reason to believe you’re drunk.
- Officers have a warrant for your house, but they search your vehicle too.
These are just a few of the various situations where your Constitutional rights may have been violated. Whether or not police violated the Fourth Amendment will come down to:
- Whether a judge issued a search warrant because there is probable cause of a crime
- Whether you had a reasonable expectation of privacy
- Whether circumstances justify a search without a warrant. consent, an emergency situation, and concern about evidence being destroyed can all provide justification for police to do a warrantless search.
Search and seizure lawyers in San Bernardino have the legal knowledge necessary to help make a compelling argument that your search was illegal and invalid.
Can I Get Charges Dropped After an Illegal Search?
A prosecutor has to prove you are guilty in order to get a conviction. Without evidence, it is difficult or impossible for a prosecutor to meet the burden of showing guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
If the evidence obtained against you was collected illegally, it cannot be used. This means the prosecutor may have to drop the charges, the judge may dismiss the charges, or you may secure a not guilty verdict.
At Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP, we work hard to get evidence suppressed and get the case dropped before you proceed to trial. If we do need to go to court to fight for you, our experienced attorneys are skilled at arguing before a jury to help clients secure a not guilty verdict.
How Can Lawyers in San Bernardino Help After an Illegal Search or Seizure?
Whether you will be able to get evidence suppressed or get your charges dropped is going to depend upon the unique circumstances of your case. You should speak with an attorney for a detailed case evaluation as soon as you can after an arrest.
Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP will help you get your seized property back and fight to help you avoid conviction for a crime in which evidence was obtained illegally. Call 909-798-3300 or contact us online to learn more.