Riverside Murder and Violent Crimes Defense Lawyer
“Innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.” Those words are uttered in virtually every crime drama on television, and yet those words can be the difference between your freedom or incarceration. “Innocent” is the guarantee that we are given by our government. “Proven guilty” is the job of a prosecutor. “Reasonable doubt” is the job of the defense attorney.
For those who have been charged with violent crimes such as murder or assault with a deadly weapon, the skill and experience of a criminal defense attorney cannot be understated. If you have been arrested or charged with a violent crime, a Riverside murder and violent crimes defense lawyer can be critical to keeping you out of prison and keeping a conviction off your record.
At Milligan, Beswick, Levine & Knox LLP, we have the experience necessary and the dedication desired to fight for the rights of those arrested for murder or other violent crimes. One of our partners, Stephen Levine, is a Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Defense. This is an honor given to only the top criminal defense attorneys in California. Contact us today to discuss your matter.
We can put our law firm’s experience on your side.
Why Experience Matters
There are many aspects to the prosecution and defense of a violent crime. Our Riverside murder and violent crimes defense attorneys work fiercely for our clients in all aspects of a case, including:
- Investigation: We interview witnesses, review any evidence and leave no stone unturned in our quest to be thorough in our examination of the facts. No fact is too small to examine. Are the witnesses reliable? Does their testimony hold up?
- Procedures: During an arrest and police investigation, certain legal procedures must be followed. If a procedure is ignored or skipped over, the evidence collected during that process could be thrown out. Having evidence thrown out or not allowed is an important defensive tool that has resulted in many an acquittal.
- Trial preparation: Many cases are either dismissed or settled before trial. However, some go to trial before either a judge or a jury. We have tried numerous criminal cases before a judge or jury and are fully capable of doing so successfully.
- Negotiation: Preparation for trial is just as important as skilled negotiation with the prosecution. The decision whether to go to trial or make a plea for a lesser charge or reduced sentence is always up to our client. At our law firm we offer realistic scenarios and let our clients decide on the path to take.
Our Riverside murder and violent crimes criminal defense lawyers have the experience necessary to handle the following types of criminal charges:
- First-degree murder
- Second-degree murder
- Aggravated assault or battery
- Negligent homicide
- Sexual assault
- Spousal assault (domestic violence)
- Vehicular assault or vehicular manslaughter
Contact a Riverside Violent Crimes Defense Attorney
Don’t trust your freedom to inexperience. If you have been arrested or charged with a violent crime, please contact our Riverside murder and violent crimes defense lawyers for a free initial consultation. Put your trust in our experience.